Build Solution problems with VB Express 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

It's the first time I try to compile a solution with VB Express 2010 (I used to have no problems with VB Express 2010.

It's a solution that includes 2 projects.

Difference between my previous version and my current version:

Files 'Interop.Excel.dll', 'Interop.Microsoft.Office.Core.dll' and 'Interop.VBIDE.dll' have disappeared.

Files 'mysolution'.application, 'mysolution'.exe.manifest, 'mysolution'.vshost.exe are files that did not appear in the past.

When I try to run it on another computed, I get and error message when trying to call Excel version 11 (Excel 2003).

Can you help ?

Thank you

PS : I tried copying the 3 disappeared files with the program, and here's the error message a :

'Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Worksheet'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID'{-long complicated id number}' failed due to the following error: No such interface suppoer(Exception from HRESULT (...) (E_NOINTERFACE)

Friday, October 15, 2010 1:13 PM

Answers

• Off hand I'm not sure what the issue might be, but the things I would do is ensure that I have the libraries properly referenced.  I would remoe the references if they already exist and then re-add the references (from file for these interop libraries instead of the GAC).  Then I would right click on each dll in the References folder in SolutionExplorer and choose "Properties".  There you shoudl see an editable property called "Copy Local"  I believe they are set to False by default -- set these to True so that it will always place the dlls into the bin folder during a build.

Not sure if this will solve the issues but it's a good start.

BTW:  Are you aware that these libraries will not allow your app to work on machines that have Office 2007 or later?

Friday, October 15, 2010 7:38 PM