Having issues copying data from a REST endpoint by using Azure Data Factory RRS feed

• Question

• Step 1: I have created a REST connection using basic authentication and verified that the connection was successful. I also made sure that the end point specified in the connection is working fine using postman.

Step 2 : I created a source dataset using the previously established connection.

Step 3. Created a pipeline. Specified the source dataset to the dataset created in step 2. Created a new Sink Dataset. When I go back to Source tab and click on Preview Data, I keep getting an error msg

The HttpStatusCode 403 indicates failure. "Eds_Application_Id is invalid or not recognized" . Activity ID: 083a0246-3f7d-4962-8384-8cd023dd4998

Really appreciate any help in this regard.

• Edited by JoshAusTX Monday, March 23, 2020 8:56 PM
    Monday, March 23, 2020 8:55 PM

Answers

• Vendor of the web service created the application id. Once it is passed as a parameter, pipeline worked
    • Marked as answer by JoshAusTX Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:25 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:25 PM

All replies

• Hello JoshAusTX and thank you for your query.  Since you are getting a 403, I suspect authentication is not happening.  How is authentication happening on Postman?

Can you please tell me what "Eds_Application_Id" is?  Is it a header you specified?

The "test connection" button in the linked service only tested that the endpoint existed, it did not try to actually authenticate.  This is because for some websites, authentication does not apply to the base URL, but only to the full URL.  This peculiarity only applies to the REST connector; other linked services do test the authentication.

Monday, March 23, 2020 11:23 PM
  • Hi MartinJaffer,

Thanks for the reply. I am using 3rd party web services and used basic authentication(specified username/pwd) for connection in the data factory pipeline and also when testing in postman.

I have not specified Eds_Application_Id in the header for postman request. I am using the web service endpoint as the base url and there is no relative url specified. Please let me know if I need to provide more information.

Appreciate your help.

• Edited by JoshAusTX Tuesday, March 24, 2020 2:39 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 2:20 PM
  • Vendor of the web service created the application id. Once it is passed as a parameter, pipeline worked
    • Marked as answer by JoshAusTX Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:25 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:25 PM
  • Thank you for letting us know you resolved the issue.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:26 PM