Visio Services - Shape Data RRS feed

• Question

• I'm very much interested in using visio service and have a question. before I invest too much time into the project:

I undertand Visio services imports the visio diagram as an image and updates the values present in data graphics.
    How is the shape data treated in the converted visio diagram? Does clicking on the shape redirect to a formatted page with the shape data of the associated shape?

Thank you for your time,

-Aaron
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:58 PM

Answers

• Aaron,

I have been successful publishing shape data and actually refreshing the page in the browser and having the new data associated with the shapes. The initial challenge I had was gaining access to the Contetn DB. Once I got past that it was pretty easy. Once you have the Drawing in view in the browser there is a button next to the Zoom control that enables you to toggle the view of Shape Data.

HTH,

Matthew
    Matthew McDermott, MVP MOSS
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 8:49 PM

All replies

• Aaron,

I have been successful publishing shape data and actually refreshing the page in the browser and having the new data associated with the shapes. The initial challenge I had was gaining access to the Contetn DB. Once I got past that it was pretty easy. Once you have the Drawing in view in the browser there is a button next to the Zoom control that enables you to toggle the view of Shape Data.

HTH,

Matthew
    Matthew McDermott, MVP MOSS
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 8:49 PM
  • Cheshire,

Are you satisfied with this response or would you like further assistance with Visio Services?

Sparkytect
    MCITP SharePoint 2010
    MCPD SharePoint 2010
    MCT SharePoint 2010
    MCC SharePoint 2010
    SPForDummies.com

Saturday, March 17, 2012 5:01 PM