I can't even get started. RRS feed

• Question

• In the two "getting started with VB" none of them explain how. The first one that is on PP just tells you to start typing into the program without explaining which program to open.

The second one tells you to open to windows application and in the "Name" box type variable. I do not see "Name" box anywhere and all of the available places on the screen will not take typing of anything at all.

How can one learn something when all of the information given is bogus. At this point I'm glad it's free or I would cancel.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:24 PM

Answers

• Since you have posted on the SmallBasic forum and not the VB forum, perhaps try getting started with programming using SmallBasic?

Perhaps read the PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING sticky thread that outines SmallBasic and links to other information and downloads, and see if it may suit.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:50 PM

All replies

• Since you have posted on the SmallBasic forum and not the VB forum, perhaps try getting started with programming using SmallBasic?

Perhaps read the PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING sticky thread that outines SmallBasic and links to other information and downloads, and see if it may suit.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:50 PM
  • I see my error in that regard. I was using Power Point for small basic with VB. Since I'm just learning, I would like to run Small Basic. So my problem now is I can't get SB to run on my computer. The requirements say to have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed. However, I have .NET Framework 4 installed and I'm wondering if this is incompatible with SB. If it is can I install the .NET 3.5 with 4 already installed or do I need to uninstall 4?

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:43 PM
  • I think you need to install .Net 3.5 SP1 (no need to uninstall 4 I think), see here and the download here.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:54 PM
  • It seems that from all I can tell SB is not supported in Windows 7. I tried all the available options I could find and nothing worked. I have spent all day trying to get it to function. M time is more valuable than chasing after things that are not supported. I would say if you want something to function correctly in the world of computers you need one person to be in charge of the process. Too many people working on a project creates chaos.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:02 PM
  • Sorry it isn't working, I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:28 PM