Central Admin site not browseable RRS feed

• Question

• We have a SharePoint farm and Central admin site is hosted on app server. The URL of the CA site is https://app1-mycompany.local and has SSL.

I am able to browse the CA site from the APP server where it is hosted, however I am not able to browse the central administration site from the client machine in the same domain. I get either blank IE page or page not found.

Any suggestions

Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:59 AM

Answers

• Hi

to eliminate NS issues, try to repeat and access the CA locally using IP address and TCP port

httP://IP_Address:TCP_port

Next try same think from remote station

It will work, is a DNS problem....

If isn't OK, check if a firewall ( locally oin that PC  or on server ) vlock your traffic on specific TCP_PORT

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:41 AM
    Sunday, May 12, 2013 3:37 PM

All replies

• have you added the ip address for the machine into your DNS?

try amending the client machines HOSTS file and manually adding the entry, if it works then you know its DNS, if it doesnt then you can rule that out.

is the URL https://app1-mycompany.local in your trusted sites/intranet zone?

Regards

Sergio Giusti
    http://sergioblogs.blog.co.uk/

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click " Alternate Text Vote As Helpful". And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click " Alternate Text Mark As Answer".

Thursday, May 9, 2013 11:49 AM
  • Yes DNS entry is added and site is also in my trusted zone. I have also disable loop back on server. But still if I browse from other client machine ( windows 2008 server R2) I get continous prompt and then blank page.
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:57 PM
  • Can you please check Fiddler trace and see what error exactly its throwing.

Thanks, Sachin Jagtap

Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:27 PM
  • Checked Fiddler and it gives server did not respond 10006 error
    Friday, May 10, 2013 3:17 PM
  • Hi Sarah, Did you try ping the DNS name from the client to verify that you are hitting the right server Is the central admin on Ntlm or Kerberos ? If there is host header on IIS configured for CA, I generally don't have good luck with host headers on Sharepoint IIS sites. Try removing the host header and configure Alternate access mappings to match your URL on the default zone. Regards Murali Alluri
    Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:03 AM
  • Hi

to eliminate NS issues, try to repeat and access the CA locally using IP address and TCP port

httP://IP_Address:TCP_port

Next try same think from remote station

It will work, is a DNS problem....

If isn't OK, check if a firewall ( locally oin that PC  or on server ) vlock your traffic on specific TCP_PORT

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:41 AM
    Sunday, May 12, 2013 3:37 PM