none
Word 2016 showing label for "TextHighlightColorPicker" idMso in cutom ribbon even when not specified RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a custom ribbon in Word which contains <control idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" /> to display the Word 'Text Highlight Color' control.

Previous versions of Word would not display a label for this control. Even if you used something like <control idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" label="Anything" /> you would just get the Highlight control, like on the Word Home tab ribbon, with no label.

But Word 2016 does show the label and it shows it even when not specified. So when just using<control idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" /> it shows the default 'Text Highlight Color' label, even though the Office ribbon documentation says this should be the way not to have a label.

Is this a bug in Word 2016 or is there someway to not display the label for the 'TextHighlightColorPicker' control? The best I could come up with was <control idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" label=" " /> but then you get an ugly space on the ribbon.

Thanks.

Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:18 PM

Answers

• Hi JFK555,

As you said
    it would not display the label. I agree with you.

you have
    asked another question that is this a bug in word 2016?

No, its not a
    bug. I have made some test with that <control
    idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" /> in word 2016.

kindly check
    the results.

1. if we just
    write the idmso without label.

code:-<control idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" />

output:-

2. if we
    write the idmso with label.
    code:-<control idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" getLabel="TextHighlightColorPicker"/>

3. if we write the idmso
    with label and also want to display the label.

code:-<control idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" getLabel="TextHighlightColorPicker"
    showLabel="true"
    />

4. if we write the idmso with label and not want to
    display the label.

code:-<control idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" getLabel="TextHighlightColorPicker"
    showLabel="false"
    />

So hope from this
    results you will get the proper idea and its help to solve your issue.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 29, 2016 4:07 AM

All replies

• Hi JFK555,

As you said
    it would not display the label. I agree with you.

you have
    asked another question that is this a bug in word 2016?

No, its not a
    bug. I have made some test with that <control
    idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" /> in word 2016.

kindly check
    the results.

1. if we just
    write the idmso without label.

code:-<control idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" />

2. if we
    write the idmso with label.
    code:-<control idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" getLabel="TextHighlightColorPicker"/>

3. if we write the idmso
    with label and also want to display the label.

showLabel="true"
    />

4. if we write the idmso with label and not want to
    display the label.

showLabel="false"
    />

So hope from this
    results you will get the proper idea and its help to solve your issue.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 29, 2016 4:07 AM
  • Thanks. Hmmm, I was getting the label with just <control idMso="TextHighlightColorPicker" /> but I was only using a Word 2016 trial on one PC to test so possible a local issue. Anyway, didn't know of the showLabel="false" command. That solves it for me. Thanks.
    Friday, April 29, 2016 7:37 AM