none
Workflow Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I did a workflow to PS2010 using Visual Studio 2010.

I have a custom field named "HasAnalysisFinancial". Your type is "Flag(yes, no)".

In my workflow I used a component named "ReadProjectProperty". I set it to my custom field(HasAnalysisFinancial) and when i need to know the value its come null or empty! Anyone know how can I do to get the value?

Sorry for my English...

Thursday, July 7, 2011 6:39 PM

All replies

• Try to set the Default value (Y/N) & see if you get the values while reading project property. I remeber that I had issue while Readprojectentities method in solution which doesn't hsow the Task level custom fields value though I used the all type of enums as defined (1= project, 4= tasks...etc).
    Also, It will be great, if you can put the detailed steps,

Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82
    Monday, July 11, 2011 12:04 PM
  • Any luck ?? 'Cos am not even able to read basic project properties (like project name) and getsecuritygroupmembers list. All comes up as null when I debug. Is there any special rights to check on the project Web App for the user?? I am using System Admin account for everything (create project, workflow, ..)

Thanks

Maha

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 5:53 PM
  • I know for a fact that Project Server Workflow does not like Flag type fields.  I know for sure that you cannot set a Flag field to be workflow controlled for starters.  I don't know if that extends to the workflow not being able to read the values of a Flag field.

Other than that, make sure you bind your field correctly.  Don't use ellipses to set the property, rather doucle-click a yellow "Bind" icon and set the values from the pop-up window that comes up.

Ilya

EDIT: mahaflame's issue was solved by binding values properly.  Check if that does it for you.
    • Edited by Rockmus Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:50 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Rockmus Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:50 PM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 6:33 PM