none
Forms/Templates: linking fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there, I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to link various fields (combobox selections, textbox inputs) so that if you put content in one box it will necessarily reproduce the same content at another point in the document. Is this possible in Design Mode to link fields like this?

I'm running Word 2010.

I'm not that great with Word so I'm open to other suggestions but I really, REALLY rather not use Find/Replace commands and awkward placeholders for my templates. That's what we've been doing to date.

Thanks!

Monday, January 31, 2011 5:55 PM

Answers

• See the following page of Greg Maxey's website:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"blargue" wrote in message news:72b307b5-bb45-4116-93d8-93426d158b72@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hello there, I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to link various fields (combobox selections, textbox inputs) so that if you put content in one box it will necessarily reproduce the same content at another point in the document. Is this possible in Design Mode to link fields like this?

I'm running Word 2010.

I'm not that great with Word so I'm open to other suggestions but I really, REALLY rather not use Find/Replace commands and awkward placeholders for my templates. That's what we've been doing to date.

Thanks!

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Tuesday, February 8, 2011 9:32 AM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 8:39 PM