Exporting local report to pptx RRS feed

• Question

• User635375675 posted
    Hello all

I've seen code on how to export a local report to PDF, word and excel. What would I have to do to get a report exported out to pptx? I figure open xml would come in to the mix. Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Chris
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:33 AM

All replies

• User347430248 posted

Hi kuznickic,

if you are using latest report viewer then it has option to export to powerpoint.

Report Builder Export

Reporting Services web portal Export

Reference:

Export Reports (Report Builder and SSRS)

if you want todo it programmatically then you can try to use 'Aspose.Slides' Api. which provides facility to export SSRS report  to Powerpoint.

Generate reports in PowerPoint from SQL Server Reporting Services

Regards

Deepak

Friday, August 25, 2017 5:52 AM
  • User635375675 posted
    Deepak,

Thanks for the info. I might be writing a document converter assembly because of some other things I want to do.

Thanks
    Chris
    Saturday, August 26, 2017 7:30 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi kuznickic,

I try to find the example but all I get is for Word , PDF and Excel.

I also suggest you to check for Open XML.

Regards

Deepak

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:15 AM
  • User635375675 posted
    Deepak

That's exactly the route I'm taking. I figure since rdlc is just xml and so are the office documents the OpenXML SDK and xslt ought to do the trick.

Thanks
    Chris
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:27 AM
  • User635375675 posted
    Deepak,

Quick question. If I'm trying use the latest report viewer control to view a local report, will it show PowerPoint as an option? Or does the report have to be a server report?

Thanks
    Chris
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:03 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi kuznickic,

These options are available on Report Builder and Reporting Services web portal.

you need to generate Atom service document, listing the Atom-compliant data feeds to export reports.

also you need to have a subscription.

if you visit the link I suggested you last time then you can get all necessary information about it.

Regards

Deepak

Thursday, September 14, 2017 7:34 AM