Question about identity used during ASDK installation and registration. RRS feed

• Question

• I have two Azure Accounts. A@outlook.com and B@company.com. 

A@outlook.com is my personal account. it doesn't hae a Azure Global subscription. But its AAD role is global admin. 

B@company.com is my company account, it has a valid Azure Global subscription. But its AAD role is only user. 

There is no federation between the 2 accounts. 

ASDK required global admin during installation, so I used A@outlook.com. 

ASDK required a subscription during registration. so I used B@company.com. 

I followed the document to register ASDK to Azure Public. During registration, the process didn't show any error and powershell told environment is registered and activated. I could also see activity logs in the subscription owned by B@company.com. But ASDK administration portal said it is still not registered. 

I understand to use 2 different accounts in different tenants may be not reasonable. But the process didn't show any error.  

SO my questions is: 

1. is it support to use 2 different tenanats/accounts to do the installation and registration? any authentication/authorization relationships between installation and registeration? 

2. If Q1 is yes. why the registeration didn't take effective? How to do following troubleshooting? 

Friday, November 8, 2019 10:41 AM

Answers

• 1) Yes this is possible. No relationships are needed, but typically they will be related. 

2)

to troubleshoot why this did not take effect, Stop and Start the ASDK. This process will usually take several hours. 

Once your ASDK is fully back up, Validate the ASDK installation to make sure that everything is working properly in your ASDK. 

You can find registration logs located at "C:\MASLogs\Registration", but they tend to only be what was in the PowerShell Window. Please post the log (or any relevant lines) if the issue does not resolve after the stop / start. 

Friday, November 8, 2019 11:30 PM

All replies

• 1) Yes this is possible. No relationships are needed, but typically they will be related. 

2)

to troubleshoot why this did not take effect, Stop and Start the ASDK. This process will usually take several hours. 

Once your ASDK is fully back up, Validate the ASDK installation to make sure that everything is working properly in your ASDK. 

You can find registration logs located at "C:\MASLogs\Registration", but they tend to only be what was in the PowerShell Window. Please post the log (or any relevant lines) if the issue does not resolve after the stop / start. 

Friday, November 8, 2019 11:30 PM
  • Thanks Travis, after restarting ASDK, the registration is correct now. 
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:30 AM
  • Great to hear, thanks for following up! 
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:18 PM