none
VSTO plugin registry do not do entry in MS Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, 

When i am try to install my VSTO plugin application for on MS Excel 365, but it do not comes in plugin ribbon. I found the reason that Excel registry don't have my application registry entry. On other MS Office version it work fine but some how MS Office 365 blocking the registry of my application. If i do manual entry of registry, it works fine but it is not sophisticated way. Any help for installation on MS Office 365 will be very thankful. 

Friday, June 22, 2018 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hello,

It is not clear how windows registry entries are added. Note, the HKLM hive requires admin privileges for writing. 

Make sure that you did all steps described in the Deploy an Office solution by using Windows Installer article. 

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Friday, June 22, 2018 12:57 PM
  • Hello Summet Vishwas,

How did you deploy the plugin application? Which root the registry does not have your application registery? The HKCU or HKLM? 

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 25, 2018 7:07 AM