none
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hello, Jotayu.

Please help responders here by providing additional important information:

What version and Service Pack level of Windows are you using?

Did you attempt to install via Windows Update, the web installer or the full download?

Please quote fully any error messages you received when the install failed.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:40 PM
  • I have reinstalled windows vista from reinstallation DVD as there were no space in C drive I want to allocate some space in that drive. After inserting the DVD i resatrt the computer but it could not show me the option of allocation space of c and d drive. Then I tried to reinstall vista in D drive. Ten I want to format C drive but I could not. In the mean time window is updating automatically and I want to Install Microsoft office 2010 it could not install office and give a command where it is written that I should check whether my computer has Service pack 1 or not. his is one problem.

Another problem is that while my computer is updating window vista through internet it failed to update following:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86

Installation date: ‎8/‎12/‎2010 4:08 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 57

Update type: Important

The Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing updates to the .NET Framework 2.0 and the .NET Framework 3.0 subcomponents. The .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update provides important application compatibility updates. This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 License Terms.

More information:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=133335

Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com

Friday, August 13, 2010 1:35 AM
  • Hi JOTAYU,

Thank you for your post in MSDN forum!

Some clarification with you

What is your OS?

Based on your description, I would recommend you some suggestions as below.

1, .net framework 3.5 sp1 and .net framework 3.5 updated failed on your machine.

I would encourage that you could download these components from Microsoft manually.

.net framework 3.5 is:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=333325fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6

.net framework 3.5 sp1 is:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7

After you have downloaded these components, you could install it on your machine.

If it does not work, please feel free to description or attach the error information in your reply!

If you have any issues, please feel free to let me know!

Look forward for your good news!

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, August 13, 2010 10:49 AM
  • My OS is Microsoft Windows. I have downloaded .net framework 3.5 sp1  as per your suggestion still i couldnot install microsoft office 2010. It is giving a statement that

Setup is unable to proceed due to following error:

to install and use this product you must be running one of these following operating system

x86 platform

-Window7

-window vista SP1

-Window XP SP3

-Window server 2003 SP2     and

x64 platform

-Window7

-window vista SP1

Window server 2008    

Friday, August 13, 2010 5:05 PM
  • So, you say you are running Vista, which you just reinstalled, correct?

Have you installed SP1 for Vista? That is required before Office 2010 can be installed.

Friday, August 13, 2010 9:31 PM
  • Thanks a lot. As vista was upgrading automatically and not completed till my last mail it was not possible to instal office. now it is installed.

Once again thanks a lot for providing me the link for downloading net framework 3.5 sp1.

Friday, August 13, 2010 10:20 PM
  • Hi JOTAYU,

I'm glad to see your good news!

If you have any issues about .NET Framework Setup, please feel free to consult it here.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, August 16, 2010 1:35 AM