Receiving error message everytime I try to activate my free trial RRS feed

• Question

• I receive this error message every time I submit my request (Purchase button) for activation of the free trial of Windows Azure:

Sorry! We could not complete the transaction using this payment method. Please contact support.

Moreover, at the first time, I received a message from my bank that I have been charged for 1.00 USD at "MSFT*ONLINE*. I contacted your support team on call but the representative told me to disregard that message as Microsoft has not charged anything on my card (and it is not showing the transactions in commerce.microsoft.com).

I am receiving this error every time I try this and the free service is not activated.

Please help!

Thanks

Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Base on my experience, this 1$ is  just for verification purpose, if you could receive this message, it proved your credit card and phone number is right. And from the tip message, I suggest you contact support via this channel :

I would like to suggest you to try the one that mentioned by Tabrez at:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a2acffb-6419-4a3d-8fb4-c8258790a2bb/why-cant-i-sign-up-for-the-1month-free-trial
    [quote]
    Contact support here:   https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=17024&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn&wa=wsignin1.0 .
    -tm
    [/quote]
    Please try it!
    Regards,
    Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by V Devnani Monday, March 10, 2014 2:08 PM
    Friday, March 7, 2014 5:55 AM
  • Thanks for your reply..

I do understand that 1$ transaction was for verification, and so if my credit card details were proved genuine, then why didn't my free trial get activated? Which is my actual question.

Also, the thread you mentioned is still an open ended thread...no resolution has been provided apart from suggesting to log a ticket to support. Which I have done now.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Monday, March 10, 2014 9:15 AM
  • Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience that caused by this encountered issue, could you please send an email to me: dxu at microsoft.com with kindly providing your
       • Live ID
       • Name
       • Email address
       • Phone number
    We will provide help via emails.

Best Regards,
    Ming Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, March 10, 2014 1:44 PM
  • Hello,

My issue has been resolved by one of your representatives through call. He mentioned that there was some lock on my ID which was not allowing me to sign up. He resolved it with the help of the technical team and now I am signed up for the 30 day free trial period without any problems!

Thank you all for your help.

Regards,

Vibhas

Monday, March 10, 2014 2:02 PM
  • Hi,

I'm glad to hear that you resolve this issue. Thank you for sharing your solutions and experience here. If you have any difficulty in future programming, we welcome you to post in forums again.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

Monday, March 10, 2014 2:05 PM
  • Hi Ming,

I am running into the same exact problem.  I sent an email to dxu at Microsoft. 

This happened with two different live/outlook accounts and 2 different CCs

I work for A MS Partner and we are looking at making a huge purchase of Azure.  As the system engineer, it would be nice if I could get in and get familiar. 

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:51 PM
  • Hi,

Just noticed this reply alert and I have double checked my email box, however it seems I have not received your email as expected. Could you please send an email to me once more: dxu at microsoft.com with kindly providing your
        • Live ID
        • Name
        • Email address
        • Phone number

As to the encountered issue, we apologize for the complications and thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

Monday, March 24, 2014 2:28 AM
  • Hi,

Just noticed this reply alert and I have double checked my email box, however it seems I have not received your email as expected. Could you please send an email to me once more: dxu at microsoft.com with kindly providing your
        • Live ID
        • Name
        • Email address
        • Phone number

As to the encountered issue, we apologize for the complications and thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

Hi Ming,

We are facing the same issue. My company name is Ecollabs Infomix Pvt Ltd. Is there someting wrong in the information we porivde while signing up. A mail is sent to you regarding this with all the infomation required.

Please help.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:20 AM
  • Hi,

Sure. I have received your email and replied to you, as this specified issue may not be resolved conveniently in forums, we will work together via emails offline.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:15 PM
  • Same problem for me, I sent an email as well.

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:17 PM
  • Hi Roberto,

Informed, I have replied your email just now. 

Now, a new functionality of Azure customer support options is available. We can feel free to contact with customer support team at http://support.microsoft.com/oas/?prid=15470&ln=en-us when the account/subscription issue encountered. Sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and should you have any concern, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:40 AM