none
Latest IE 11 patch and ECMA script within an XSLT

Question

• After the latest IE11 patch, our uses need to add the Web Site to their list of trusted sites as it appears the patch blocks the running of ECMA script in the XSLTs we use.

Is this intentional?  Will there be another patch to restore this?  Is there a work-a-round other than adding to trusted sites?

Thanks!

Friday, February 8, 2019 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi DMewhinn,

You had mentioned that you installed the latest patch but you did not mentioned which exact patch you had installed.

I suggest you to inform us the exact patch version, We will try to make a test with it and try to check for the issue.

I also want to confirm with you, which version of ECMA script you are trying to run with IE 11?

If possible than try to provide any sample code to produce the issue on our end.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 11, 2019 9:40 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Thank you for the response.  The patch that was applied was from the January 2019 release I believe.  My IE version is 11.904.16299.0

As for the ECMA script, I'm not 100% certain, but I believe it is 262 if that makes sense?

There is no specific line of code, it occurs when there is a <msxml:script language="VBScript"....> section that has a function in the XSLT (to format a date).

Thanks again,

Derek

Monday, February 11, 2019 6:58 PM
  • Hi DMewhinn,

Can you please check whether some IE settings got changed after an update or the changes had been done by any one on that machine?

I did not get any information for script related issues in new update.

I will again try to check for it and if I get any information than I will try to provide it.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:00 AM
  • No other settings changed that I am aware of.  The script is in an XSLT transform... i think that may be the cause of the issue?

Thanks,

Derek

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:30 PM
  • Hi DMewhinn,

You had mentioned that there is a VB script part which is used to format the date.

Did you try to format the date with JavaScript code to check whether the same issue occurs with it or not? If not, you can try to make test.

You can inform us the error or warning message caused by this issue, If you do not add the site to trusted sites. It may help us to narrow down the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, February 14, 2019 5:58 AM
  • If the VB script tag is in the XSLT at all it fails... even if there is no code in it.

I am guessing perhaps the namesapce reference is blocked unless the site is trusted with the latest IE11 patch?  Not sure if that makes sense.

Thanks,

Derek

Thursday, February 14, 2019 9:04 PM