none
Webserice Security Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have webservice which is writing txt file in same machine. It work's .

I want to write file in another server path.What settings are required in the IIS and Folder.

So it will work to write file in another server.

Thursday, July 2, 2015 8:22 PM

All replies

• Hello Santosh Yadu,

There are many ways of doing this.  A simple way would be to map a network drive onto your server and then give the application pool identity access to it.  Take a look at your application pool settings to find the correct identity.

Here is a good stack overflow post on permissions: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5437723/iis-apppoolidentity-and-file-system-write-access-permissions.

Jeff

Friday, July 3, 2015 2:17 AM
  • Friday, July 3, 2015 12:29 PM
  • Could you help me what i missed. FYI, Web Service is installed in windows server 2012 and i am trying to write file  in same windows server 2012.

Friday, July 3, 2015 12:32 PM
  • Hello Santosh, I am not sure as it works for me with the above settings.  What is the error message you are getting?  Your original post said that to the same server it was working but to an remote it was not.  Has this changed?

Jeff

Friday, July 3, 2015 9:23 PM
  • Getting error "File Not Found". 

Suppose i have Server A and Server B. Which is both windows 2012 server.I have installed the Web service in Server A.Which works greate in same server A.But When i try to access the web service in server B means i hit the url in browser it open and ask path to write file so i provide the path like \\ServerB\D$\WriteFile\Abc.xlsx then it will not work. I have shared this path and given the writes to appverify user.

When i try to access the web service in server B means i hit the url in browser it open and ask path to write file so i provide the path like \\ServerA\D$\WriteFile\Abc.xlsx then it will work.

When i try to access the web service in server C means i hit the url in browser it open and ask path to write file so i provide the path like \\ServerC\D$\WriteFile\Abc.xlsx then it will work.But Server C is windows server 2003.

I hope it will help you to understand better.

Saturday, July 4, 2015 8:07 AM
  • Apologies Santosh; I was not able to recreate the issue.  

Anyone else have a suggestion as to what could be preventing access?

Jeff

Sunday, July 5, 2015 9:55 PM
  • It's fine.
    Monday, July 6, 2015 4:37 PM
  • Hi Santosh Yadu,

Did it work properly?

Best Regards,

Tracy Dj

Best Regards, Tracy Dj

Friday, July 24, 2015 1:19 AM