none
Modify Registry to Extend TDR Time Limit RRS feed

• Question

• I have been having a great amount of difficulty in getting a long running kernel to run on my GPU without triggering Windows 8 TDR. I have read the blog post from the C++ AMP team on how to create a Accelerator_View from a DirectX device which has the TDR timeout disabled. Here is a link to my pervious question on that topic (Create DirectX 11.1 Device). I was able to create a device with the device flag of D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_DISABLE_GPU_TIMEOUT. Unfortunately I kept triggering the TDR. I am using Windows 8, Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate and am targeting a dedicated Radeon HD 7970 which does not have a monitor plugged into it.

Since I've exhausted my options on disabling TDR programmatically I'm hoping to modify the registry to disable it or extend the timeout limit. Are there any good guides on how to do this or words of caution? I was really hoping that I would be able to do this programmatically through DirectX but something keeps triggering the TDR. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any technical guidance available?

Monday, December 10, 2012 4:16 PM

Answers

All replies