none
Test Agent - MTM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

So we are currently trying to setup a Test Agent that multiple users can login to that are connected to the domain but we keep running into the problem of having to change the credentials to connect to that Computer, even going as far as having to have the last persons login info and password. Is it possible to setup a Single machine that multiple users can login to and run Automated tests through MTM?

Thanks, 

JT

Thursday, June 16, 2016 9:02 PM

All replies

• Hi JT,

>>Is it possible to setup a Single machine that multiple users can login to and run Automated tests through MTM?

Yes, you can. But you need to add these user accounts into the Administrator group

Also add these accounts into the TeamTest Agent Service group.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, June 17, 2016 2:05 AM
  • This did not work for what I needed I am still having to change the name in MTM to be able to login and run the tests. 
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:14 PM
  • Hi Ronnfeldt,

>>Is it possible to setup a Single machine that multiple users can login to and run Automated tests through MTM?

Yes, first make sure all users has the permission to connect to the TFS. So they could open the test manager.

Secondly, make sure all user accounts have the permission to access the Single machine.

Install the test agent and test controller in this Single machine. Configure the test agent and test controller with a account.

Then all these uses can run the automation tests through MTM locally. But as far as I know, you need to configure the lab environment individually. Because you need to configure the account to run the code UI test in agent machine.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:21 AM