Single Sign On - In App - No Enterprise Auth - Windows 8

Question

• REMOVED

an admin combined 2 of my posts that were different topics, clearly they didn't read them.  I'll report the first later I guess.

• Edited by timothystewart6 Friday, January 11, 2013 4:06 PM admin didn't read my posts and combined them
    Monday, January 07, 2013 2:13 PM

All replies

• Just looking for some guidance or checking to see if it is possible to do single sign on in app for Windows Store Apps without Enterprise authentication.

When accessing resources on a private network we are prompted for credentials every-time we hit a site and then following sub sites, then again when closing an opening the app.

example:

example.com - prompt

foo.example.com - prompt

test.example.com - prompt

*close app*

*open app*

example.com - prompt

etc....

Just looking for some ideas or design considerations for creating single sign on within an application without enterprise authentication turned on.  These are (by the way) machines that aren't joined to a domain anyway.

Thanks.

www.techtronic.us - My App www.spaceweatherapp.com

• Merged by Song Tian Friday, January 11, 2013 5:35 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Hi,

How do you implement the single sign on? Are you using custom service?

#Single sign-on with Microsoft accounts (Windows Store apps) (Windows)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465097.aspx

Roy
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, January 11, 2013 5:29 AM
  • We would be authenticating against a domain controller that authenticates accounts for each web site.  Same domain.  I am assuming we need to build this into the client app.

www.techtronic.us - My App www.spaceweatherapp.com

Friday, January 11, 2013 3:56 PM