none
Is there anyway at all to use a .PST but make it invisible to the user RRS feed

• Question

• I want to use a PST file presented in a CustomTaskPane is this possible, if yes how ?

I tried the following already

use addstore, read the contents in a folder object and link that object to the currentexplorer, and removestore again.
    This works apart from the fact that instant search doesn't work in this setup

I tried just hiding the folders in the pst. doesn't work since you can't hide the default search folder

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

• Edited by Rbie Friday, October 18, 2013 12:40 PM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Rbie,

Base on my understanding, you want to manipulate the PST file and make it invisible to the user.

To read pst files, you will have to mount it on the Outlook. then you can go through thefolders inside it and loop through all the items.(refer to Read PST file using C#)

However I found that you can use PST .NET (3rd party library) to read Outlook .pst files. The API event does not require Microsoft Outlook to be installed on the machine or any other third party application or library in order to work.

Monday, October 21, 2013 9:59 AM
  • the problem isn't reading the pst nor handling its content, I already have that covered. The problem is hiding it from the user (as soon as you mount it into outlook it shows up on the explorer pane), like I stated in my question already reading the pst and then dropping it works apart wrong the fact that instant search doenst' work that way anymore.

A third party tools isn't allowed within our company I'm afraid.

Monday, October 28, 2013 8:01 AM
  • Tried using Redemption, didn't work either, LogonPST doesn't work when you already have an exchange profile open ...

• Marked as answer by Rbie Monday, October 28, 2013 10:44 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Rbie Monday, October 28, 2013 12:50 PM
    • Edited by Rbie Monday, October 28, 2013 12:53 PM
    Monday, October 28, 2013 10:44 AM