[UWP][HTML] expirationDate incorrect when app downloaded from Windows Store RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

The expiration date inside my app is incorrect when downloaded from Windows Store after it's been published. It shows 2.9 million days.

This is obviously incorrect since the trial is for 30 days. My app is written in JavaScript and uses the following code to determine the days remaining:

var longDateFormat = new Windows.Globalization.DateTimeFormatting.DateTimeFormatter("longdate");
    var daysRemaining = (Windows.ApplicationModel.Store.CurrentApp.licenseInformation.expirationDate - new Date()) / 86400000;
    var rDaysRemaining = Math.ceil(daysRemaining);

When testing using CurrentAppSimulator it shows the correct expiry date when I set it inside WindowsStoreProxy.xml. This only happens when the app is published to the official store.

I should mention that the actual expiry in the store is correct, as it shows 30 days. The app, however, does not seem to get that data from the store.

Lastly, when I installed the app from the store on my dev box (after uninstalling the dev version) it shows the correct remaining days. I asked a couple friends to also install it, and they show 2.9 million days remaining.

More information on this thread (where I was told to come post here): https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/587ec305-5f79-4e74-829b-455504be562f/uwphtml-expirationdate-incorrect-when-app-downloaded-from-windows-store?forum=wpdevelop

Thanks, Paul

• Edited by Paulers Tuesday, March 1, 2016 10:26 AM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hello Paulers,

If you are still experiencing this issue, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may review this further. We would likely want to explore your most recent speculation on the initial thread you’ve created since it may be a store issue. Please reference this post when reaching out. Thank you!

Thursday, March 3, 2016 4:26 PM
  • Thanks. I initially opened a ticket for this, here's a ticket ID: SRX1329007825ID

Can we continue on that thread, or should I open another one?

Monday, March 7, 2016 8:36 AM