none
Resources with different start times RRS feed

• Question

• I have a task that will require 500 hours of work.  One resources is available immediately.  I would like to add a second resource to the task when he becomes available (maybe 2 weeks out).  I would like both resources to stay on the task until a total of 500 hours has been spent on the project. Can anyone show me how to do this?
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:45 PM

All replies

• You can alter the start date/time of assignments using the Schedule format of the Task Form.  You don't state which version of project you are using - so following are directions using Project 2010.  On the View tab, deselect Timeline and select Details to show the Task Form in the lower part of your screen.  Click in the Task Form to select it and on the Task Form Tools Format tab, select Schedule. Assign the first resource at 290 hours.  Assign the second resource at 210 hours.  In the Task Form you will see Resource 1 and Resource 2 start on the same day - but resource 2 (with fewer hours) finishes earlier.  Add a 80h delay in the Delay field in the task form.  Resource 2 now starts 80 hours (2 weeks assuming defaults) after resource 1.
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:56 PM