none
Cannot open database "SUSDB" login failed RRS feed

• Question

• System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open database "SUSDB" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.
    The WSUS administration console was unable to connect to the WSUS Server Database

So that's what it says in the logs. I have been searching for a fix but I can only seem to find these:

Open an elevated Command Prompt window, and then run the following command:
    "C:\Program Files\Update Services\Tools\wsusutil.exe" postinstall /servicing

~AND~

Activate HTTP Activation under .NET Framework 4.5 Features (Via powershell)
    Import-Module ServerManager
    Add-WindowsFeature NET-WCF-HTTP-Activation45

All of which does nothing. WSUS was working fine last Friday. We had a power outage over the weekend and lost one server because of it. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to reinstall WSUS or what.  

Thanks in advance. 

Thursday, October 29, 2020 9:30 PM

All replies

• Hello Friend ,

I recommend that you log in to the instance where the SUSDB database is. It seems to me that this base is in trouble. it may have been corrupted when there was a power problem.

A backup can solve.

Use Sql server management Studio to log into the Database. it is free.
    Log into the instance and search the sql sErver log to validate that everything is fine with it.
    Send us information about this log.

If this answer helped you, mark it as helpful so that another person with a question or similar problem can find an answer or help more easily. * Jefferson Clyton Pereira da Silva - [MCSA | MCP | MCTS | MTA | Database Analyst - Sql Server and Oracle]

Saturday, October 31, 2020 3:39 AM
  • Thank you for the reply, my Friend. I'm afraid I'm just not smart enough to look at that database. I was not able to connect to it with the SSMS. I did read some of the logs, it was bad, very bad. Since I was not able to attach to the db and I've R&R's WSUS many times in the past, I figured that would be the easiest and fastest way to get up and running again. 

Many thanks. 

Wednesday, November 4, 2020 6:26 PM
  • Hello Friend,

Without looking at the database it will get very complicated.
    In this case you may have to redo it.

If this answer helped you, mark it as helpful so that another person with a question or similar problem can find an answer or help more easily. * Jefferson Clyton Pereira da Silva - [MCSA | MCP | MCTS | MTA | Database Analyst - Sql Server and Oracle]

Wednesday, November 4, 2020 8:20 PM