Question about Angular cli RRS feed

• Question

• User1421620300 posted

I wanted to know if it would be possible to build an app from scratch in Anguilar 2 and have it built with a desired version in mind. I have tried several project tutorials that require a certain build. And after building the app i find that it is incompatible with the version Angular that i have installed. But what i would really like to know is, is there a certain command that i can use fro npm that will build new project with specific version desired. Please be kind. Markus

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:08 PM

Answers

• User1724605321 posted

Hi Markus33,

AFAIK , Using CLI you can not create specific angular version. But you can create a package.json  file then define the angular version you want to install then run npm installit will create project in the required version irrespective of the global angular cli .

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:14 AM

All replies

• User1724605321 posted

Hi Markus33,

AFAIK , Using CLI you can not create specific angular version. But you can create a package.json  file then define the angular version you want to install then run npm installit will create project in the required version irrespective of the global angular cli .

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:14 AM
  • User1421620300 posted

Nan, thanks for the info. I have another question after installing the package.json will i need to install the dependencies that i want to use also? I have never installed a package,json without some default dependencies being installed!!  

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 1:33 PM