none
Orphaned Source Control Explorer window (pic attached)

Question

• I have a weird issue with VS TFS Explorer and VS 2015. Since I've updated to Build 14271 of Windows 10, my Source Control Explorer window is orphaned from the rest of VS and where SCE should be, the VS window is transparent. I can browse the folders on the TFS server, but I can't right-clickThis is persistent across multiple versions of VS, and has persisted through complete removal of all VS apps, deletion of VS settings from Documents, and removal of VS folders from the AppData folder of my user profile. It has also persisted through another Win 10 build (14279).

I've included a screenshot of the problem. If anyone has seen this or has an idea, feel free to chime in. I have a feeling this is more of a Windows thing than VS, but VS is the only place

Thanks!

Monday, March 07, 2016 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

Please try run Visual Studio in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution. And close all third part programs when running Visual Studio. It can help us exclude the effect from third part programs.

Can you operate the Visual Studio menu in Visual Studio IDE? If yes, please maximize your Visual Studio IDE to check whether the Source Control Explorer can back to Visual Studio IDE. And please try Reset Window Layout from Windows menu in top of Visual Studio IDE.

In addition, I also occurs the similar problem because of my computer performance. So I suggest you check your computer performance to make sure it has enough memory and cpu space when running Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, March 08, 2016 7:08 AM