Any known issues with FlipView in the Consumer Preview?

Question

• Right now we're fixing all the breaking changes, and noticed on our category page, that has a FlipView in it, that any JavaScript of ours that uses document.getElementById doesn't find any div inside the FlipView.

TEST:

<div id="CategoryFlipView" class="main-category-flipview" data-win-control="WinJS.UI.FlipView" style="background-color:white;">

<!-- Flip View Frame 1 -->
              <div id="FrameOneTest" class="flip-view-frame">

I can find the CategoryFlipView with document.getElementById, but not the frame inside.

In face, if you look at the DOM, all IDs of everything inside the Flip.

The migration document doesn't say anything about FlipView breaking changes like this.

Oddly enough, our FlipView has four child divs inside of it, and the DOM shows five empty ones.

Screenshot of DOM

Friday, March 02, 2012 7:08 PM

All replies

• Hi H,

No, no known issues.  I assume you have worked through the HTML5/javascript section of this correct?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithhtml5/thread/d573295e-926f-4a03-a158-19d4b53521f8

Can you post a simple repro of your issue?  There is not enough information to repro your problem.  Do you see a similar issue with any of the new samples?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, March 05, 2012 1:58 PM
  • To Repro

1) Make a FlipView
    2) Add some div children to it.
    3) Does it flip through children?

Our code it doesn't output the div children. It's tough to understand the migration doc on the FlipView...we can't assertain if you have to have to pass FlipViews datasources and/or lists, and if this "div as children" doesn't work anymore.

Here's the snippet of our code, noting that this is the code that makes the output as seen in my first post, where you can't see my div children at all.

Monday, March 05, 2012 3:49 PM
  • Have you looked at the samples?  Do they work fine for you?  If so, what are you doing differently?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, March 05, 2012 7:10 PM
  • H,

You can contact me here, and I can arrange to get your project showing this issue.

http://blogs.msdn.com/jpsanders/contact.aspx

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, March 09, 2012 8:20 PM