Sequence of animations RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to run two animations, with some code running between the animations?
    The first animation will flip an image on edge and the second will return the image from the edge position to face on. The code will change the image being displayed. Currently, the images overlap eac other, but only one image is visible at a time.
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 12:19 AM

Answers

• Yes, that's completely possible. Run the first storyboard, and at the completion event switch the image source and run the second storyboard. However, there could be a brief pause between the two storyboards during the image switch.

It is possible to do the flip animation as a continuous motion with no pause. I posted code for it in the old developers forum:

Richard Woo
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 1:17 AM
  • Okay, I cracked it thanks to mSpot's advice.
    I set the second sequence to start at the time the first sequence ended.
    I added an event handler to change the image when the first storyboard completed.
    There was no need to alter the control of the images from using opacity to placing the unwanted images on edge.
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 3:58 AM

All replies

• Yes, that's completely possible. Run the first storyboard, and at the completion event switch the image source and run the second storyboard. However, there could be a brief pause between the two storyboards during the image switch.

It is possible to do the flip animation as a continuous motion with no pause. I posted code for it in the old developers forum:

Richard Woo
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 1:17 AM
  • I thought I had done a thorough search before asking the question, but I missed that one. The question is basically 100% identical.
    So thank you very much.
    What I was trying to do was have the images stacked and use the opacity to control which image was visible. Your post made me realize is that I should forget about the opacity and just rotate the images to be hidden on edge and just rotate the old image by rotating it on edge and rotate the new image in by rotating it from on edge. Part of the reason for using opacity was so that I could do as though the images were on the face of a copy. As the cube rotated to the half way point the image would fade out and on the appearing face the appearing face would not start to fade in until the half way point. So at anyone time I would only be showing one image.
    By tring to do the start sequence, change the image and then do the end sequence. Only the end sequence seemed to run. I fixed that by setting the start of the end sequence to be the end time of the start sequence. unfortunately, the image change before the animation started. having the "hidden" cards on edge appears to be the answer.
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 3:18 AM
  • Okay, I cracked it thanks to mSpot's advice.
    I set the second sequence to start at the time the first sequence ended.
    I added an event handler to change the image when the first storyboard completed.
    There was no need to alter the control of the images from using opacity to placing the unwanted images on edge.
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 3:58 AM