Error 0x80073CFC deploying

Question

• Attempting to debug my app under VS results in an error 0x80073CFC during deployment. After looking at this earlier thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/toolsforwinapps/thread/f6ff89dd-469c-443e-9aba-2a3632b0ff93

I ran the remove-appxpackage cmdlet, but it says that the app is not installed. I then ran get-appxpackage as suggested by remove-appxpackage, but it does not list the app or any earlier version as being currently installed.

Earlier versions of the app were successfully installed, but I reverted and rebuilt the project, and now the previous version won't install either.

The other thread mentions looking in the event viewer, but I'm not sure what to look for. Nothing jumped out at me.

I am able to install other VS projects; it's just this one that fails. The system is running Win8 Consumer Preview.

Any help would be appreciated. It's hard to test the app if I can't install it.

• Edited by cdunford Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:20 PM add OS version
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:17 PM

Answers

• I was able to resolve this by building a local app package, which installed without error. After installing the app package, VS was able to deploy the app by itself (after a dialog indicating that the installed version would be uninstalled).

Seems like there is some issue with VS deployment. 

• Marked as answer by cdunford Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:41 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:41 PM