none
Displaying project involved and own project RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, How can I get the list of projects of a specific user owns and the projects involved in? Hope someone could help me. Thx in advance.
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Saravanan,

You don't say if this is 2007 or 2010 - but here is the answer for 2010.  For the Owner you can use the ReadProjectStatus method of the Project web service.  This will return just the project table - and the row for each project will contain the ProjectOwnerID property.  This will be a GUID that identifies the project owner.  Use the ReadResource or ReadResources methods of the Resource web service to get other details of this owner, such as the name.  To get the projects that resources are involved in depends a little on your definition of 'involved'.  Assuming you mean they are on the team then pulling back the team via the ReadProjectTeam would be the best way.  I am not aware of a resource centric way of achieving this - and depending how you wanted to use this data there might be different approaches - but basically you will need to iterate through the projects.  Might be worth creating a PSI extension to achieve what you want.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 8:48 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Saravasnan.  One other way might be to use the statusing web service to see what assignments resources have - but this would need impersonation too.  Also it would only find assignments - and not projects where the resource was a team member but was not yet assigned.  Another way might be from the reporting DB - again based on resource work in the projects.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, November 5, 2010 4:12 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Saravanan,

You don't say if this is 2007 or 2010 - but here is the answer for 2010.  For the Owner you can use the ReadProjectStatus method of the Project web service.  This will return just the project table - and the row for each project will contain the ProjectOwnerID property.  This will be a GUID that identifies the project owner.  Use the ReadResource or ReadResources methods of the Resource web service to get other details of this owner, such as the name.  To get the projects that resources are involved in depends a little on your definition of 'involved'.  Assuming you mean they are on the team then pulling back the team via the ReadProjectTeam would be the best way.  I am not aware of a resource centric way of achieving this - and depending how you wanted to use this data there might be different approaches - but basically you will need to iterate through the projects.  Might be worth creating a PSI extension to achieve what you want.

Best regards,

Brian.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 8:48 PM
    Owner
  • Hey Brian,

Thx for the swift reply. I'm using Project Server 2007. Are there any other option to get the list of assigned project? Can I use the PSLibrary to get the assigned project rather than iterate through the projects after invoking the ReadProjectTeam?

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 12:56 AM
  • Hi Saravasnan.  One other way might be to use the statusing web service to see what assignments resources have - but this would need impersonation too.  Also it would only find assignments - and not projects where the resource was a team member but was not yet assigned.  Another way might be from the reporting DB - again based on resource work in the projects.

Best regards,

Brian.

Friday, November 5, 2010 4:12 PM
    Owner
  • Hello Brian,

Thx for the reply..Btw is it possible for me to retrieve the Project Properties Custom Details. The Custom details are in the attached image below. Thank you.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3234/44467695.png

Monday, November 15, 2010 5:51 AM