VC++ Need explanation of message please. RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone explain what the message "Either VCProject or VCCodeModel is not ready yet. Please close designer and try again." means please. I keep getting it in the form designer and cannot see how to fix the problem.
    Sunday, May 22, 2005 12:09 PM

Answers

• Were you attempting to open a project from a prior version or creating a new one?

- April Reagan, VC++ Program Management

Hello - Please check your installation and verify that you have upgraded your project (if applicable).  If you still encounter the problem, please let us know.

- April

Friday, September 23, 2005 12:06 AM

All replies

• Were you attempting to open a project from a prior version or creating a new one?

- April Reagan, VC++ Program Management

Hello - Please check your installation and verify that you have upgraded your project (if applicable).  If you still encounter the problem, please let us know.

- April

Friday, September 23, 2005 12:06 AM
  • Hi,

Were you able to solve the problem???

Ada.
    Saturday, October 8, 2005 1:38 AM
  • I also have this same problem. Error plus additional info as follows:

Either VCProject or VCCodeModel is not ready yet. Please close designer and try again.

at Microsoft.VisualC.CppCodeParser.Parse(TextReader codeStream)
    at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.Parse(TextReader codeStream)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.CodeDomDocDataAdapter.get_CompileUnit()
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload)

It happens when I upgrade a VS2003 C++ project to VS2005 C++ using the standard VS2005 conversion wizard. (using professional version in both cases)

Not sure what the problem is, but MAY have something to do with the changes in Form Control event handlers?

Can't make the problem go away, and can't visualise the form to recreate from scratch without reloading VS2003 (removed cos VS2005 was going so great!)

Regards, Jeltz 

Friday, February 3, 2006 2:58 AM
  • Any more info? I have just started getting this message in a project I have been working on for a few weeks without problems. I'll retrace my steps, to see what may have changed, but at minimum, this message is less than helpful.

BTW: I'm seeing this in VS2005 professional, not Express - I posted here since this thread was the only one to show up in a search.

Alan

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 1:01 PM
  • Ah, I solved my own problem. I had put a couple of enum and struct definitions in my Form.h file that were not a part of the form's class.

By moving these out of the form.h file, the designer works again. It appears that the designer is confused if there is code in the .h file that is not part of the forms class.

• Proposed as answer by ptalus Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:51 AM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2006 1:28 PM
  • I have this as well, but this for me, it occurs in a project that I started in VS2005.

It started when I made an update to a user control for the nth time.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:46 PM
  • Try to delete the solutions NCB-file. For me, it solved that problem ...

Regards
    Daniel
    • Proposed as answer by roderickm Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:27 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by roderickm Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:30 AM
    Friday, June 23, 2006 7:13 AM
  • Has anyone found a solution to this. Deleting the .ncb file did not work for me. VS just recreates it.

I also tried open justy the project in a brand new solution with brand new form. No Dice.

I am a very very green Visual C++ person. Expertise is in C#, VB.NET, and Java.

Anyone have a solution?????

Thanks

Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:50 PM
  • I think this is a Bug I had the same issue.  Is MS going to fix this?
    Thursday, January 4, 2007 10:17 PM
  • Alan's solution worked for me also.

I removed a struct declaration like:

public ref struct MyChn  {

String^ cn;

String^ cu;

};

which I put before the

public ref class ITEM : public System::Windows::Forms::Form

declaration, and moved the struct declaration in a separate file.

That fixed the problem.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 5:19 PM
  • Alan's solution also worked for me. Remove the structures and/or delegates declaration above the class decleration. Just like EmilianoCapoccia said.

Thanks all
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:24 PM
  • Posting here because this post was on top of google results for the error message, but the solution to my problem was different from the answer given here.

Another possible cause for this message is a broken reference in the project's settings:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=568177&SiteID=1

• Proposed as answer by Anthony Kiene Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:51 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:23 PM
  • Hi All,

Even I encountered the same problem. But none of the solutions given works for me.

Please help !!!!!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 7:16 AM
  •  

Hi All,

I am facing the same problem too. None of the above solutions worked for me.

Anybody knows the exact solution why it happens instead of using the workarounds.

Thanks in advance.

• Proposed as answer by A.Agirre Friday, February 18, 2011 9:07 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 8:12 AM
  • Posting here because this post was on top of google results for the error message, but the solution to my problem was different from the answer given here.

Another possible cause for this message is a broken reference in the project's settings:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=568177&SiteID=1

Deleting broken references solved my problem too.
    • Proposed as answer by NicolasW-Dev Friday, September 16, 2011 3:15 PM
    Friday, February 18, 2011 9:08 AM
  • Thanks! Moving a ref struct into the class as Alan4s says helped me. BTW I had to also delete the .ncb file as suggested by Daniel.Hampe before the Designer recovered.
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:30 AM
  • This worked for me. In project->properties->common properties->references I had a broken reference. Removed this and it worked.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:53 AM