Globalization basic RRS feed

• Question

• User1251226657 posted

Hi,

I am new to Globalization. I am trying add a string resource to my .NET 2.0 ASP.NET application and access it from the aspx page code behind. But its throwing the following error:

Server Error in '/IIC' Application.

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "default.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_Web_b3g_chmr" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "default.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_Web_b3g_chmr" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

Source Error:

Line 35:         ddlTarget.DataSource =DataAccessList.GetTargets();
    Line 36:         ddlTarget.DataBind();
    Line 37:         ddlTarget.Items.Insert(0, new ListItem(stringManager.GetString("All", CultureInfo.CurrentCulture)));
    Line 38: 
    Line 39:         cblCategory.DataSource =DataAccessList.GetCategories();

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\IIC\Default.aspx.cs    Line: 37

Stack Trace: 

I have added the resource file default.resx under the App_Globalresources folder as seen the screen shot attached. but why is it looking for a file called "default.resources"?

Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:28 AM

Answers