Reload of persisted instance and Revoke of failed instance RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

by using of incarnation of persistence provider internally called SqlPersistenceProviderHelper35 the
    Load()-Method on PersistenceProvider  “interface” can be used to reload persisted workflow instance. This is fine.
    However by using of the new SqlPersistenceProviderHelper40 the Load() method does not seem to be useful for this purpose. Because the new persistence strategy is more sophisticated you have decided to implement the new one. This is also fine.

In Workflow Service scenarios there are number of cases which require features like durable timers, instance revocation etc.

My question is what the concept is for:

-          Reloading of persisted instance?
    For example, how to implement something like Load() instance and Run() instance (like in *Helper35)?

-          Restarting of failed instance?
    Or is this just a Dublin feature?!

Thanks

Monday, July 6, 2009 9:44 PM

All replies

• Are you asking about WF 4 workflow services in .NET 4.0?

Typically, persisted instances are reloaded and executed as a result of a message coming in for that instance.  I'm not sure how much of this made it into Beta 2, but WorkflowServiceHost also works to make sure that unblocked instances (such as instances with expired timers or instances which were last persisted at non-idle points) are reloaded and executed.

Dublin provides additional features and multi-host management on top of this, but the core capability to automatically load and execute workflows is built into WorkflowServiceHost.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 6:02 PM
  • Hi Nate,

the question was related to 34 and 40 Beta 1. Today I now that Providers are no more focused. The new concept introduce InstanceStore instead.

Thanks
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:04 PM