none
Workflow in Sharepoint List

Question

• Hi All,

How can i set up a new workflow approval?

1. I have a SP List. 
    2. Once the user (note there are multiple users) has submitted a new item, a workflow will be started.
    3. It will send an email to the designated approver (example: supervisor of the user)
    4. Once the supervisor of the user approved, this will be re-routed to me (am the site owner) and will also be subject for my approval.

Anyone can help?

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Gelo- the following link should give you a good idea on how to implement your scenario. If you have any specific questions, let us know.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/496510-multi-step-approval-in-sharepoint-2013

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 4:30 PM
  • Hi Gelo123,

You could create an approval workflow in SharePoint Designer and customize “Start Approval  Process” action to achieve your requirement.

Here are the steps for your reference:

1. Create a list workflow with SharePoint 2010 Workflow platform type for the list.

2. Add a “Start Approval  Process” action.

3. Select the process participants and select Serial to assign approval tasks one by one.

Note: Pay attention to the order of participants, supervisor of the user must before the site owner(you).

4. Click on the Approval process to edit the approval task process.

5. Change the behavior of a single task.

6. In the “Before a Task is Assigned” step, add “Set Workflow Variable” action to set Variable: CancelonRejection to yes. Then if one user reject it, the task is completed.

For example, if supervisor of the user rejects the task, you (the site owner) will not be assigned the task. Otherwise, you will be assigned the approval task if supervisor of the user approves the task.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 7:49 AM
  • Hi Gelo123,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Have you tired customizing “Start Approval Process”?

If the issue was resolved, you can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 5:23 AM