Will Silverlight Web still be available RRS feed

• Question

• The announcement makes it seem like the HTML client is web browser optimized. All my current clients are Silverlight web clients. My customers use IE on their desktop PC. Will we still have the option to use the Silverlight web deployment?
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:23 PM

Answers

• Yes, absolutely--your users will still be able to run the Silverlight client in any deployment configuration we support today.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:41 PM

All replies

• Yes, absolutely--your users will still be able to run the Silverlight client in any deployment configuration we support today.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:41 PM
  • it doesn't look like a html vs silverlight thing rather than a 'viewing' your data everywhere with some manipulation i.e. html over the more traditional excel style of heavy data centric operations that need to be developed quickly i.e. silverlight.

Saying this, with some stuff that's happing in the web world right now, the above is converging and the fact that something is running a html client doesn't make any difference any-more, thats why I think it is very important that the lightswitch team is interacting with the web teams at ms, things like html client bindings and typescript have to be thought of moving forward.

Saturday, December 1, 2012 11:04 PM
  • I think the more important question in terms of the Silverlight client is: Will the LS team continue to invest in improving the Silverlight client offering or will all focus really shift towards to the HTML client in future?

Some improvements I'd personally like to see in the Silverlight client:

- built-in support for screen reuse

- pass the context/data work space to a screen (linked to screen reuse)

- improved layout management  (additional layout managers)

- performance improvements

- modularity support

Thanks

Xander

• Edited by novascape Saturday, December 1, 2012 11:21 PM
    Saturday, December 1, 2012 11:14 PM
  • I agree with Xander, please extend the silverlight client especially "performance improvements"

robert

Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:59 AM