Incrememental loading of source data for PowerPivot RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I'd like to use PowerPivot to analyse data that I receive monthly in a text file. I need to keep the prior months data and just add to it. What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Matt

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Dear Matt,

Are you looking for a automated way to collect the data into one file "before" analysis ?

Vijay

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:54 PM
  • Vijay,

Thanks for your reply.

I did consider an external process that would append (say) Februarys data to January (although it would need to start at line 2 for February because of the header record). For example CAT or even PowerShell, but wondered if PowerPivot (or Excel) had some native functionality to deal with this kind of scenario.

From what you seem to suggest it seems now. Am I right?

Thanks,

Matt

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:40 PM
  • Currently there is no option to perform incremental loads.  From what I have heard during presentations this is currently in the works and will be part of a future release.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 11:30 AM
  •  

Anyone know if incremental loads has been implemented yet?  I cant believe it doesn't exist now but maybe a full data refresh will go fast.  Hard to believe it will be that fast using ODBC/OLEDB.

Tim Webber
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:19 AM
  • Is this still an issue? 

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:35 PM