Load testing of workflows 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I am doing load testing for the workflows I developed. I am using following tools:

VA2010, VS Testing project and WWF4.0.

I hosted the workflows through WorkflowApplication Object and the workflows are not WCF services.

When I am doing load testing with 2 vertual users and for 10 mins. Around 5236 workflows are created and the workflows are working as expected except 30 workflows. The other workflows in Idle state but the 30 workflows are always in "executing" state and workflows are not proceeding to next activities. 

I could not get the reason for 30 workflows, Why they are in Executing state even I set the event to idle and Instanceunloaded.set().

Please let me know how to know the errors  or any reason for the worklfow are in "execution" state.

How to execute the workflows which are in "execution"  state?

rajeevkalyan
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:40 PM

All replies

• Hi rajeevkalyan123,

Did you think to use tracking to be sure your workflows are not procedding an activity?

Jérémy Jeanson MCP http://blogs.codes-sources.com/JeremyJeanson/ (French or English Spoken)
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

By using tracking all activities  are recorded properly within the Activitytrackingtable  and also showing the current activity as executing.

My concern is in the InstancesTable still the record executionstatus filed showing as "Executing". So there is a inconsistency between activity tracking table and data stored in InstancesTable.

Example:

Workflow has   A-> B -> C -> D -> E activites.

Let us say C as Delay activity.

After exection of workflow it executed the A and B and C activities. Since C is delay activity It is persisted to Database.

A,B,C activities are persisted to Activitytrackingtable  with correct status, but in InstanceTable the expected functionality  is to execute the Dealy activity and populate the pending timer filed and with execution status as Idle state.

But it is not happening. The record is showing still in execution status and IsReadyTorun with value '1'.

I hope this is clear.

Thanks

Rajeev

rajeevkalyan
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 11:41 PM