C# Voice say/record RRS feed

• Question

• I found many tutorials about making a voice recognition and voice speak with system.speech and all of this is for languages that windows has install to his system(I am not sure about that)

I want to ask if it is possible to add more languages...... Also Google in translate it has the mode to listen the selected word in many languages so can I add more languages and how? 

George Andredakis

The limits of what a computer can do are difined only from programmer's imagination

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 4:33 PM

Answers

• George,

It is a pity, the languages for voice are made by Microsoft in 1985 style of deployment. They are completely depending from the Microsoft OS you are using  (not framework).

Therefore your OS makes how the speaksystem works. In Windows 10 there are even included voices completely separated for Cortana and .Net (The cortana ones can then be installed using a System Settings, while the .Net ways have to be installed using the language packs which you can install, if youdeinstall then direct the voices stay). 

A pity is that it seems that every department of Microsoft seems to use their own speech system so it is almost impossible to find on Internet documentation which does not conflict with itself, likewise the experience you had. 

Therefore tell at least the OS you are using. 

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 5:06 PM

All replies

• George,

It is a pity, the languages for voice are made by Microsoft in 1985 style of deployment. They are completely depending from the Microsoft OS you are using  (not framework).

Therefore your OS makes how the speaksystem works. In Windows 10 there are even included voices completely separated for Cortana and .Net (The cortana ones can then be installed using a System Settings, while the .Net ways have to be installed using the language packs which you can install, if youdeinstall then direct the voices stay). 

A pity is that it seems that every department of Microsoft seems to use their own speech system so it is almost impossible to find on Internet documentation which does not conflict with itself, likewise the experience you had. 

Therefore tell at least the OS you are using. 

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 5:06 PM
  • Windows 10 is

ok thanks for this reply my system is in greek so cortana is not avaiable for my country

George Andredakis

The limits of what a computer can do are difined only from programmer's imagination

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 5:16 PM