How to reduce throttling RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a question on throttling on the process host.

In my Biztalk environment, I see that the process host gets throttled around 5 to 8 times a day and it happening for the message delivery throttling state (flag=4). How do I reduce this ? Any steps that I can take ?

regards
    Ashley

Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:01 AM

Answers

• So the first thing you'd do is figure out the reason for throttling - best place to start is here
    '4' indicates memory consumption  (which, unfortunately I know by heart now)

You then need to consider why you are having issues; it often helps to check exactly where you stand using the pefromance counters - I check the current process memory compared to the throttling level;

If the gap between them is not too big you can consider increasing the throttling level in the relevant host's settings (detailed information and suggestions can be found here; you want to also make sure that you don't have a memory leak that causes this, a constant increase in memory consumption would indicate this is happening, but as you suggest you go into and out of throttling constantly it suggests not.

Yossi Dahan | [To help others please mark replies as answers if you found them helpful]
    • Marked as answer by ash_ow Friday, March 13, 2009 3:37 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:42 PM

All replies

• So the first thing you'd do is figure out the reason for throttling - best place to start is here
    '4' indicates memory consumption  (which, unfortunately I know by heart now)

You then need to consider why you are having issues; it often helps to check exactly where you stand using the pefromance counters - I check the current process memory compared to the throttling level;

If the gap between them is not too big you can consider increasing the throttling level in the relevant host's settings (detailed information and suggestions can be found here; you want to also make sure that you don't have a memory leak that causes this, a constant increase in memory consumption would indicate this is happening, but as you suggest you go into and out of throttling constantly it suggests not.

Yossi Dahan | [To help others please mark replies as answers if you found them helpful]
    • Marked as answer by ash_ow Friday, March 13, 2009 3:37 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:42 PM
  • Thanks Yossi, I'll do some investigation to see if a Biztalk application is consuming a lot of memory or if its causing a memory leak
    Friday, March 13, 2009 3:39 AM