VB.Net RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, can i access vb.net using Visual Studio 2010/2013?
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:26 PM

Answers

• Of course.

As long as you don't disclude it from the Visual Studio installation which I've heard people have done before.

Especially those who download a purchased Visual Studio from the net and then have no hard version of Visual Studio like a store purchased package. So they discluded visual basic in their downloaded install and then they aren't happy when they want to try to add it since they have no way to do so from what I've read. Or something like that.

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:34 PM

All replies

• Of course.

As long as you don't disclude it from the Visual Studio installation which I've heard people have done before.

Especially those who download a purchased Visual Studio from the net and then have no hard version of Visual Studio like a store purchased package. So they discluded visual basic in their downloaded install and then they aren't happy when they want to try to add it since they have no way to do so from what I've read. Or something like that.

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:34 PM
  • Hello! 

Hello and welcome to MSDN Forums!

VB.NET is a part of Visual Studio. A part of every Visual Studio alongside with C# (Sharp) and C++ and more.

If you want to install Visual Basic .NET as a separate app, or if you need an older version alongside with your VS 2010 / 13 you could install it without any compatibility problems!

Link For VB.NET standalone version:

This is a Microsoft Direct Link to Visual Basic 2010 Express: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9709929

I hope this will be useful for other users.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:38 PM
  • All editions of VS 2013 include VB. All editions of VS 2010 also include VB except the Express Editions for C# and C++.

So, if you share the Edition(s) of VS 2010 you want to use, we can provide a definitive answer.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:35 PM
  • Hi, Mr. Monkeyboy.

Your disclaimer is classic :-) Made my day.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:37 PM
  • And that was me who made this vote Peter.

:-)

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:48 AM
  • Hi, Cor. Happy New Year!
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 1:13 AM
  • All editions of VS 2013 include VB. All editions of VS 2010 also include VB except the Express Editions for C# and C++.

You are replying to a thread that is more than 12 months old.  OP is long gone.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:10 AM