none
Row height in PowerPoint tables RRS feed

• Question

• I have modified the slideMaster xml file so that the default table font size is 12.  The row height, however, remains set for text of size 18. 

In PowerPoint tables, if you increase the font size (over 18) the row height will increase, however decreasing the font size to less than 18pt has no affect on the row height.  What needs to be changed so that the row-height will decrease automatically if the text size is less than 18 pts?

Friday, June 12, 2009 4:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

On one hand, what you talked about is the app behaviour, you can see that even the app enlarge the height, the value of the attribute in the underlying XML remains the same. On the other hand, the SDK does not suppoprt such layout functionality.
    You could modify the attribute by yourself when you set smaller font.
    Could you talk about your user scenario? like are you generating PPT report from template with external data? what's the data source? what feature are you using when you generate the presentation (formats, embedding images, charts...) and how the final document will be used, send, print, view, download...?
    I wan to understand how the users using the SDK in the real-world cases, and what are those solutions upon SDK, thanks:)

Shuangshuang (MS)
    Friday, June 12, 2009 6:12 AM
  • Hi,

I am only trying to create a company PowerPoint template to use to create reports - which are sent to clients.
    The template allows the insertion of a table of contents (via a add-in) and contains company name, last saved date & copyright information.

The default table font size of 18 was too large for our reports and so this was changed.

Sorry are you able to indicate which attribute I would need to modify in order to change the row-height of all tables in a document ?  Or would this need to be performed manually for each row?

Thanks.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 7:16 AM
  • Hi,

I think you need to reset each row's height - The attribute "h"(height) of element "a:tr"(table row).
    ClassesExplorer is a good tool with SDK to lookup the relations between schema elements and SDK classes.
    Also, for this issue, using OpenXmlDiff to observe the differences in the XML content of 2 documents is a good way, let's say you create 2 idientical documents, and change the row height value in one document, the tool can show you what elements/attributes are changed in the underlying XML.

Besides, could you provide more information, like
    What's the content in your report, except that from template? Is there any chart, image, table...?
    Would you mind telling me which industry's customers does the report target, financial, sales, health...?
    Are you ISV or enterprise IT stuff?
    How about the scale of your solution? Is it for a few of people or a big group?

Any information will be valuable, thanks:)
    Monday, June 15, 2009 8:24 AM