Features on SQL Server 2014 SP2 Standard on Windows Server 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope this is the correct forum.

I have created a VM using the template "SQL Server 2014 SP2 Standard on Windows Server 2012 R2"

I get the following error (please note "SQL 2008") when I use "SQL Server Installation Center":

I need to know the following:

• What are the installed features. (integration services, reporting services, database engine, etc)
    • How to add new features
    • How to remove installed features

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:17 PM

Answers

• If you choose to install VM with SQL Server, SQL Server is already installed. You don't have to run Installation centar, it's already there.

All features that are supported by SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition are installed.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645993(v=sql.120).aspx

Or go check SQL Server Configuration Manager, all SQL services are listed there.

You can use Control Panel(Programs and features) to remove features(or just disable service). No need to add anything as everything is already there.

Mustafa Toroman, Azure MVP

• Marked as answer by SCCMadmin09 Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:41 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 7:50 AM

All replies

• If you choose to install VM with SQL Server, SQL Server is already installed. You don't have to run Installation centar, it's already there.

All features that are supported by SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition are installed.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645993(v=sql.120).aspx

Or go check SQL Server Configuration Manager, all SQL services are listed there.

You can use Control Panel(Programs and features) to remove features(or just disable service). No need to add anything as everything is already there.

• Marked as answer by SCCMadmin09 Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:41 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 7:50 AM
  • Thanks Mustafa for your response.

If today I remove i.e reporting services, and I need it again after a couple of months,

Do I need to copy the correct media of SQL Server to the VM to install the removed feature?

Thanks.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:41 PM
  • Yeah, you would need media. Good thing is that you can download it very fast on Azure VM and it's free as you don't pay for inbound data.

Friday, January 20, 2017 7:35 AM