none
Visual Studio - change the file location of bookmarks

Question

• Is there an easy way to change the file location of a visual studio 2017 bookmark?

After copying a project to another location, I would like to change all the paths of the bookmarks to represent the new locations.

Thanks

Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:32 AM

Answers

• Hi my friend,

Refer to your description, I tested in VS 2017 or VS 2015, it looks like the bookmarks cannot modify or update per the change of the solution store location, there has no such feature and it may be caused by its operating principle.

After research, I found the Task list can help you to achieve your requirement.  Use the Task List to track code comments that use tokens such as TODO and HACK, or custom tokens, and to manage shortcuts that will take you directly to a predefined location in the code. Click on the item in the list to go to its location in the source code. I tested it on my side and the Task List works fine even if you copy or move your solution to another place as below:

If you still want to use the Bookmarks, please file your user voice to the VS Product Team in here and share the link in here, and it will help other community members who have the same idea to vote it and know the progress, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ItsMyAccount Monday, April 24, 2017 5:06 PM
    Monday, April 24, 2017 8:54 AM