GetCurrentApplicationCallbackUri() returns different SID than on the Developer Center

Question

• Hi,

I am using 

Windows::Security::Authentication::Web::WebAuthenticationBroker::GetCurrentApplicationCallbackUri();

To be able to do facebook request. The problem is the URI returned by this is different than the one found on our Developer Center dashboard.

I have copied the <identity> correctly into our Manifest xml.

This is important to get right. Because we have to enter that SID into Facebook App center. So I don't know if it's an issue of being in Debug vs Published app. I don't want to take any chances.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 9:36 PM

Answers

• You need to associate your current app with an app in the store to get the SID right...So basically, inside Visual Studio, go to: Project -> Store -> Associate app with Store and that should give you the right SID at runtime.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

• Marked as answer by davidstl Wednesday, June 04, 2014 5:52 PM
    Wednesday, June 04, 2014 1:34 AM

All replies

• You need to associate your current app with an app in the store to get the SID right...So basically, inside Visual Studio, go to: Project -> Store -> Associate app with Store and that should give you the right SID at runtime.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

• Marked as answer by davidstl Wednesday, June 04, 2014 5:52 PM
    Wednesday, June 04, 2014 1:34 AM
  • Thank you!
    Wednesday, June 04, 2014 5:52 PM