Installing on a box with Windows 7 and Linux

Question

• Will Windows 8 format the entire drive for me?  Or do I need to prepare the drive somehow?  I am guessing I need the 32 bit edition for the Asus netbook.... 
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:38 PM

Answers

• You may install Windows 8 on to an existing partition and it will not format any drive or partition unless you choose this option yourself.  I recommend installing to an empty partition or a partition that does not currently have an operating system installed.  This will make it easy for you to remove the installation later.

Hope this helps,

Richard

• Marked as answer by ODPDavid Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:36 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:46 PM

All replies

• It wil format your entire drive, unless you install it from the DVD directly when using windows7. That way your programs will get removed, but your files on a different partition won't. You'll just change windows7 into windows8.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:45 PM
  • You may install Windows 8 on to an existing partition and it will not format any drive or partition unless you choose this option yourself.  I recommend installing to an empty partition or a partition that does not currently have an operating system installed.  This will make it easy for you to remove the installation later.

Hope this helps,

Richard

• Marked as answer by ODPDavid Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:36 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:46 PM