InfoPath Main Datasource RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I'm creating a new InfoPath 2010 Form and attempting to replicate something a previous developer created.

The form has several datasources which are visible under the Data > Data Connections.

I've noticed under Main 'queryFields' and 'dataFields' are visible amongst the controls. How is this possible ? and why is this not a secondary data source?

Thanks

Thursday, December 21, 2017 9:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Orange- not sure why you question this. It's straight out of the box functionality. Am I missing something?

cameron rautmann

Thursday, December 21, 2017 2:11 PM
  • Hi

I've realised since the post that its possible to add 'queryFields' and 'dataFields' through the wizard only cannot be added if I add a secondary data source first. Is this true?

Thanks

Thursday, December 21, 2017 3:37 PM
  • That doesn't matter.

cameron rautmann

Thursday, December 21, 2017 3:38 PM
  • Hi orange juice jones,

In InfoPath, if you see the locked field icon or the locked group icon in the Data source task pane, you cannot modify the field or group no matter it is main data source or a secondary data source.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the article below.

Add, move, or delete a field or group.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-move-or-delete-a-field-or-group-aceb1b0b-7b42-4a60-96da-adcbdcd958e6

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 22, 2017 6:22 AM
  • Hi orange juice jones,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 25, 2017 1:23 AM