Code Analysis errors are not showing line details in Vsts 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed vsts 2012 on my machine and enabled code analysis for my projects.

I made all the code analysis warnings to appear as errors.

For some of the errors I am not noticing the line details from which the CA error has been raised.

Looks like these errors are from external sources i.e from the dlls referred to the project.

Example: I have added Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel dll in my project and I am using workBook.SaveAs method and we see following error

We have many such warnings.

We are stuck here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sirisha

sirisha

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:17 PM

Answers

• Jack,

Sorry for late reply. I could resolve the issue.

As I said in my first post these CA errors are from the referenced dlls i.e. third party one. 

There is setting in Code analysis tab on the project to suppress the CA errors from generated code and third party dll's.

Regards,

Sirisha

sirisha

• Marked as answer by Sirisha M Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:01 PM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Sirisha,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Just to make this issue clearly, whether it has the line number if you enable code analysis for this app before or in other machine?

As my understanding, not all errors would share us the line number like this thread.

If possible, you could share us a simple sample, I will try to check it in my Environment.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:37 AM
  • Jack,

Sorry for late reply. I could resolve the issue.

As I said in my first post these CA errors are from the referenced dlls i.e. third party one. 

There is setting in Code analysis tab on the project to suppress the CA errors from generated code and third party dll's.

Regards,

Sirisha

sirisha

• Marked as answer by Sirisha M Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:01 PM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:01 PM