none
Clustering module in V8 causes errors for streetside RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I try to enter streetside view after calling the clustering module, I am unable to move around or navigate in this view. The error:

Unable to get property 'add' of undefined or null reference

4948341a.js (1,48202)

is given in the console. This is also happening for me in the v8 interactive SDK, leading me to believe this could be a bug. Also is there a way to disable streetside in bingmaps?

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 10:18 AM

Answers

• Not sure if I'm seeing the same issue as you. When in the release branch, if I have clustering enabled, go into streetside, then come out of streetside the clustering stops working. This is a known issue which has been fixed in the experimental branch. Try setting your map script to experimental by adding "&branch=experimental" to the map script URL. In the interactive SDK you can use the drop down in the top right corner of the page to set it to experimental.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 5:48 PM
  • I believe this was just recently fixed in the experimental branch. The main release branch will be updated in about a week and a half.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:43 PM
  • I'm not sure. I'm going by my original response where I wasn't sure if this is the same issue or not. A fix for a streetside error bug that occurred in similar situations was just added to the experimental branch the other day that I'm aware of. I believe that is the last bug related to streetside errors in the system.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:40 PM

All replies

• Not sure if I'm seeing the same issue as you. When in the release branch, if I have clustering enabled, go into streetside, then come out of streetside the clustering stops working. This is a known issue which has been fixed in the experimental branch. Try setting your map script to experimental by adding "&branch=experimental" to the map script URL. In the interactive SDK you can use the drop down in the top right corner of the page to set it to experimental.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 5:48 PM
  • Was this fix ever released? This same error (i.e. Unable to get property 'add' of undefined or null reference) still exists in the Release branch, but does not in the Experimental branch.

This is easily verified by viewing the "Add clustering layer to map" example of the Interactive SDK. Using the Release branch, go into Streetside and the errors occurs. From my experience, this error seems much more detrimental in IE than in Chrome.

Ken

Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:00 PM
  • I believe this was just recently fixed in the experimental branch. The main release branch will be updated in about a week and a half.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:43 PM
  • Just to be clear, this was recently fixed in the Experimental branch, but it is different than what was fixed in the Experimental branch last June?

Ken

Thursday, June 1, 2017 9:18 PM
  • I'm not sure. I'm going by my original response where I wasn't sure if this is the same issue or not. A fix for a streetside error bug that occurred in similar situations was just added to the experimental branch the other day that I'm aware of. I believe that is the last bug related to streetside errors in the system.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:40 PM