Multi Choice Fill in Type Field - do not want a default value RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a Multi Choice Fill in Type Field in an InfoPath form. I cannot get it to NOT default to the "fill in" choice when the user opens the form. When the user opens the form, it is pre-selecting the fill-in field. I do not want it to default to anything. I just can't figure out how to get it to cooperate. Any ideas?
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you have a multiple selection list box control which allow users to type custom values.The fill in choice is selected by default, you can remove this default value by the steps below:

• Open the form in InfoPath designer.
      • Click Data>Default Values.
      • Find the group of the multiple selection list box and uncheck the field inside the group(just uncheck the field, leave the group checked).

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:44 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that you have a multiple selection list box control which allow users to type custom values.The fill in choice is selected by default, you can remove this default value by the steps below:

• Open the form in InfoPath designer.
      • Click Data>Default Values.
      • Find the group of the multiple selection list box and uncheck the field inside the group(just uncheck the field, leave the group checked).

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:44 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:44 AM
  • Thank you so much! It worked!!!!
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:11 PM
  • Thank you!  This solved my problem too.  Too bad it's not more intuitive!
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:06 PM