none
Unable to call Windows Store Submission API RRS feed

• Question

•    I closely followed the instructions regarding access Windows Store Submission API on https://msdn.microsoft.com/windows/uwp/monetize/create-and-manage-submissions-using-windows-store-services?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396. I successfully created Azure AD, the Azure AD user, associated it with the developer's account, then added Azure AD application, got TenantId, ClientId and Key for it. Then, I succeeded to retrieve access token in the code calling https://login.microsoftonline.com but after that I'm stuck with the "{"code":"Unauthorized","message":"Authorization: Account is not allowed to access this api"}". No matter what Windows Store Submission API endpoint I call, I always get that error. I tried https://manage.devcenter.microsoft.com/v1.0/my/applications/[my app id], https://manage.devcenter.microsoft.com/v1.0/my/applications/[my app id]/submissions, some other but the result is always the same - unauthorized error. What could I miss?

Thank you

Alex

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 12:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Alex,

Base on your description, you wanted to create and manage submission using Windows Store services, but you were stuck with this error message that account is not allowed to access this API. From you provided this link I get information that this API could be used for Windows Dev Center accounts that have been given permission to use the API. This permission is being enabled to developer account in stage, and not all accounts have this permission enabled at this time. To request earlier access, log on to the Dev Center dashboard, click Feedback at the bottom of the dashboard, select Submission API for the feedback area, and submit your request. You’ll receive an email when this permission is enabled for your account. You could refer to the below screenshot to apply for permission.

Besides, Prepare your app for use with the Windows Store submission API, you could need to complete the following prerequisites.

1.if your app does not yet exist in Dev Center, create your app in the Dev Center dashboard.

2.Before you can create a submission for a given app using this API, you could first need to create one submission for the app in the Dev Center dashboard.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Alex,

Base on your description, you wanted to create and manage submission using Windows Store services, but you were stuck with this error message that account is not allowed to access this API. From you provided this link I get information that this API could be used for Windows Dev Center accounts that have been given permission to use the API. This permission is being enabled to developer account in stage, and not all accounts have this permission enabled at this time. To request earlier access, log on to the Dev Center dashboard, click Feedback at the bottom of the dashboard, select Submission API for the feedback area, and submit your request. You’ll receive an email when this permission is enabled for your account. You could refer to the below screenshot to apply for permission.

Besides, Prepare your app for use with the Windows Store submission API, you could need to complete the following prerequisites.

1.if your app does not yet exist in Dev Center, create your app in the Dev Center dashboard.

2.Before you can create a submission for a given app using this API, you could first need to create one submission for the app in the Dev Center dashboard.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:05 AM
  • Hello,

I got the same issue where it keeps displaying error as unauthorized. 
    I have followed the instruction to use Feedback, but no luck with it yet. 

I logged on to azure.portal.com and check the App Registrations, I have 1 app that has been set as Web app / API type. Is there anything that I should set with this, so I can access the windows store service API?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vivie

Monday, November 28, 2016 8:53 AM