none
[UWP]Lumia SDK 3.0 UWP Repeat RenderAsync fail to render the complete image RRS feed

• Question

• Lumia SDK 3.0 for UWP.

My app has an image user control in a class library that has the  SwapChainPanel inside a ScrollViewer. 

When the image loads it renders to the SwapChainPanel perfectly, but when Adjustment effect is applied and the ImageRenderer.RenderAsync() is called for a second time the render returns having only rendered the top left hand corner, about 10%, of the image - the rest of the image is blank.  It is as if the RenderAsync gives up after the first segment. 

Subsequent adjustments work perfectly on that top left hand corner, keeping the other 90% blank.

Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Addition: This seems to be a problem with the render transform that is on the SwapChainPanel... images that don't change the RenderTransform.ScaleX/Y work perfectly - images that have been scaled, < 1, suffer the above issue of partial rendering.

Rob

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:21 PM

All replies

• Hi RobC00,

>>but when Adjustment effect is applied and the ImageRenderer.RenderAsync() is called for a second time the render returns having only rendered the top left hand corner, about 10%

I can't reproduce your issue by using the latest Lumia SDK for UWP 3.0.593 on Windows 10 RTM, I used some Adjustment effects on an image and get the correct result. Ref this introduction: https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2015/09/29/lumia-imaging-sdk-3-0-now-available-with-uwp-support/

Could you please provide a simple demo for troubleshooting, so please provide your Windows 10 version.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:36 AM
  • I narrowed down to the scaling of the SwapChainPanel or a parent panel.

An image of 3552x2000 was rendered full size and scaled to 0.2 on the CompositeTransform so that it fitted the screen and could be zoomed.  RenderAsync a second time causes the problem.  Repeat with the scale left at 1.0 and it works quiet happily.

Now, the size of the image is unknown until its loaded and the panel is sized to match. 

If the panel is not resize the size of the panel is auto selected and the image appears as a small intact image that can be adjusted without issue.  This proved an important observation as it appears the size of this render matches the area of the scaled image that successfully renders, leaving the rest of the image blank.  Coincidence?

I solved this be scrapping the use if the SwapChainPanel and using the image renderers to render to an image control.  Now everything is happy.

Ill generate a standalone project and see if I can reproduce it and post the results.

R

Rob

Thursday, October 8, 2015 3:07 PM
  • I narrowed down to the scaling of the SwapChainPanel or a parent panel.

An image of 3552x2000 was rendered full size and scaled to 0.2 on the CompositeTransform so that it fitted the screen and could be zoomed.  RenderAsync a second time causes the problem.  Repeat with the scale left at 1.0 and it works quiet happily.

Now, the size of the image is unknown until its loaded and the panel is sized to match. 

If the panel is not resize the size of the panel is auto selected and the image appears as a small intact image that can be adjusted without issue.  This proved an important observation as it appears the size of this render matches the area of the scaled image that successfully renders, leaving the rest of the image blank.  Coincidence?

I solved this be scrapping the use if the SwapChainPanel and using the image renderers to render to an image control.  Now everything is happy.

Ill generate a standalone project and see if I can reproduce it and post the results.

R

Rob

Any updates or have been resolved?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:47 AM
  • This wasn't resolved -  in then end I removed the SwapChainPanel mechanism from the process and reworked it to use XAML rendering.

No further action will be taken against it.

Rob

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:42 AM