none
Could I use the Azure Kinect DK for a motion deformation warning system? RRS feed

• Question

• I know that Azure Kinect DK is such a great device to motion sensing and body tracking.

Therefore, I would like to apply this machine to detect motion as a difference from standard (or original) motion range. For instance, setting a human-size box and tracking someone's motion to confirm they are fitted in the box or not. Furthermore, I want to link with the warning system to alarm for the user about occurring some motion differential situations.

Consequently, I ask all the experienced developers. Could I use the Azure Kinect DK for a motion deformation warning system? Thank you for reading this.

Monday, April 27, 2020 9:32 AM

All replies

• AzureDK questions should be asked at the github page, as that's where most Azure DK devs are.

Not sure what you mean by difference or differential situations, but if you mean you want the whole person to stay inside a 2D rect in the scene or a 3D box in the DK's field of view, then it should be possible with the v2 as well. That should be possible with any sensor that can give you body tracking and info about its camera/image+depth space so you can integrate your box/rect into them. E.g. in 2D, you can get transform all joint positions in pixels and then figure out the rect bounds of the person and then do a simple rect-rect test(whether it's overlap, containment or whatever).

Is this what you are asking?

Friday, May 1, 2020 8:50 PM